Scientific Name : Tagetes erecta
Common Name : African (American) Marigold
Blooming Season : Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit : Mounded, Upright
Spacing : 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Height : 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
Width : 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Exposure : Sun
Grower Information :
Seed supplied as: Coated, De-tailed.
Plug crop time: 3 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring 4 to 6 weeks, Summer 7 to 8 weeks
- Best dwarf African Marigold for landscapes – 20% shorter peduncles and 15% thicker stems assure less stretch and breakage.
- Big, tightly petaled blooms on super-strong stems look terrific at retail with less waste, better overhead watering tolerance and longer shelf life.
- Better branching with more aggressive side branching fills packs quickly and delivers a healthier look.
- Larger flowers hold their doubleness and shed water well.
- Performance is so spectacular that Taishan was featured in landscapes at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China.